SMART-X® the distinctive and unique lightweight foam board for sophisticated applications in the field of visual communication.
SMART-X® is a lightweight, all-plastic sheet material with surfaces of UV and weather resistant solid polystyrene (HIPS) and a core of expanded polystyrene that is completely moisture-resistant. These characte- ristics make SMART-X® the world's only lightweight foam board for external applications without any significant change in colour for a period of up to two years. Due to its refined surface structure and the large format production (up to 2 metres width) SMART-X® is also perfectly suited for direct digital printing.
Moreover, SMART-X® is a mono-material composite made from 100% polystyrene and, therefore, perfectly meets the demand for ecological materials in the area of visual communication.
SMART-X® – AT A GLANCE
- High stability and very low weight
- Very good resistance to weathering – with high UV stability and humidity resistance, no deformation
- Refined surface structure
- Brilliant printing results with direct digital printing
- Also available in 2 metres width
- Temperature resistance from -10°C up to +70°C
- Low resistance during contour milling
SMART-X® – THE GREEN ASPECT
- SMART-X® is a mono-material composite made from 100 % polystyrene (no adhesive between core and cover layers)
- Ecological - SMART-X® with a homogeneous compound is 100% recyclable
- About 95% of the production waste of the SMART-X® production is collected and recycled on-site
PRINTING – CUTTING – ASSEMBLING
SMART-X® can be used with all lamination and printing techniques for applications in the field of advertising signage, event marketing and POS/POP displays. Thanks to the excellent ratio of extremely low weight and high rigidity and flatness, SMART-X® is ideal for the following two-dimensional applications:
- All types of signage, especially large-format or long and narrow signs – formats where other materials usually deform
- Optimal for self-supporting, free-standing structures
- Life-sized fashion displays made from SMART-X® – directly printed – contour milled – assembled on site
Our customers are convinced of the unique qualities of SMART-X®. Major furniture stores, DIY stores, food retail chains as well as suppliers of POS/POP displays and service providers in the event marketing industry are just a few examples of the satisfied SMART-X® customer base.
Additional safety requirements and detailed processing instructions for SMART-X® can be received upon request.
DIBOND® from 3A COMPOSITES combines excellent new product features resulting from extensive R & D programs.
DISPA® is the new paper board from 3A Composites with a unique structure of embossed formed paper.
SMART-X® the distinctive and unique lightweight foam board for sophisticated applications in the field of visual communicatio...